Sunday, June 26, 2011

A New Life

Sometime in late April, I made my first ever obgyn visit. As with any newly married couple, we talked about when kids would come into the picture and for us, we agreed that we would enjoy our couplehood for a year before we started trying in earnest.

The 1 year mark came and we began our quest towards parenthood. I did not expect it to be easy, but as the months past with no luck, we began to wonder if there's something wrong with us, healthwise. So I decided that it was time for medical intervention.

We saw the Doc who proclaimed that I was in good health and even confirmed that my ovulation was late that month. She gave us advice on the best times to try that month and to give ourselves another 6 months of trying before coming back to her. What was important to me at that point, was knowing that I was ok and it was probably a matter of timing.

And so we went about our lives as usual.

Come mid-May, I felt this odd urge to do a HPT one morning and did a doubletake when the peestick showed a teeny tiny faint positive line. It felt unreal and we seem to have an unspoken agreement to hang on to the hope that it's true for now....

No comments: