Sunday, June 26, 2011

2 weeks on

In the midst of the excitement of pregnancy, I was also caught up in a job change drama. It seemed like that planets had all decided to have a get together and see how I would handle everything happening at once. I would go from considering dropping the new job and focus on stablising the pregnancy, to moving on to the new job and hoping for the best. I would swing from one decision to another so often that I got super stressed out.

In the end, I decided that moving on would be for the best. I needed a new challenge and things couldn't have come at a more opportune moment. But I was still worried about how I would handle the new job together with a little one on the way. That was my main priority. But it seemed that my new boss was very supportive and understanding of my situation and so the decision was made.

So as I approached the last day of work at my current place, I decided to take the last Friday off to clear off a mandatory day off. However I woke up on Thursday morning with a horrible backache, it was so bad that I had to take a day off from work. I could hardly walk. Luckily a day of rest seem to help and I planned to enjoy my day off on Friday with a new haircut to bid my colleagues farewell with, followed by a relaxing facial session.

My facial ended at about 6pm where I plodded off to the bathroom, while lamenting the fate of pregnant women bladders. That's where the nightmare began.

*warning: graphic description*

I wiped off and saw a 5-cent coin sized blood clot with pink staining trailing on the tissue. Alarm bells started going off coz I was about 8 weeks on and had never had any form of spotting so far. I quietly settled my next appointment with the therapist and went to a corner to call the Doc.

Doc was off for the day and I spoke to a nurse who told me to double the dosage of my pills, get complete bed rest until my emergency appointment the next morning.

I wandered around in a daze for a while, not knowing how to get home and finally caught a cab with a friendly driver who chatted with me all the way which definitely helped with distracting me.

I was supposed to meet my mum and dad for dinner, I didn't want to alarm them yet so I claimed that I was very tired and wanted to go home and get some rest.

So I got home and settled on the sofa while waiting for the hubs to get home. I told him what happened on the way, and he was a picture of calm. I broke down after he got home. But he assured me that spotting is not a cause for alarm, we should just wait and see what the Doc says tomorrow.

No comments: